So, EE's can be tricky... UPDATED post #4 PICTURES

I ordered mine from Cackle also, March 12th hatch, they also sent me an extra EE, I ordered 5 pullets and got 6 EE it too was a pullet. I don't think Cackle will send you roosters (even extra) if you didn't order any roosters in you order, unless a sexing mistake of course. They generally try to fill your order correctly and then put in a extra or two depending on how many you order.

They are very beautiful pullets: all were a peachie/light red with white. I regreted not ordering a rooster to go with mine, but I looked around at our local county fair and found one that I like: I call him blue wheaten although I don't think he is a true blue wheaten. I can't wait to get an incubator and put some of those eggs on to hatch and see what colors I'll come up with.

ETA: Puffy could be a rooster, but I got one of my pullets that have a little extra length in her tailfeathers, I thought too that they had sent me a rooster by mistake, but it turns out they didn't. Keep us posted as to if it's a rooster or not, just listen for the crow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom