SO Excited!!!! 1st egg!!!

richred1

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 16, 2015
Dickinson Texas
As soon as I stopped looking for eggs, I got my first one. This is one happy girl! Whoop! Whoop!

Thank you! I've been pretty anxious. I've had my girls since they were just a few days old and as soon as I knew they were old enough I was checking the boxes like a crazy woman. Then one day last week, I just decided that I could only look when I was putting feed out and BAM!
1f60d.png

Congrats. I just got my first egg yesterday. So today I was obsessed with checking ever 5 min to find out which hen layed. Lol. it was my RIR but my EE was the one that sang the "egg laying song". Silly chicken, trying to take credit for it. :D

Congrats. I just got my first egg yesterday. So today I was obsessed with checking ever 5 min to find out which hen layed. Lol. it was my RIR but my EE was the one that sang the "egg laying song". Silly chicken, trying to take credit for it. :D
LOL!! So what you're saying is I may get more obsessed looking for eggs?? I can just hear my son now...."mom, really? I think you're losing it."

Oh, yes! The daily egg count will bring much joy to your days. Just remind yourself that five eggs a week is great from one hen. The way things cycle through you may actually have an eggless day (depending on how many hens you have).

Congratulations on the first egg! That's always a reason to celebrate.:weee

We have an Australorp who claims every egg laid. Silly girl.

Back
Top Bottom