So excited!Got 7 baby chicks today-question about EE's--ADDED NEW PICS

All of my EE hens who were chipmunk striped dark resish brown chicks like yours turned out to be the same color of brown with a couple of degress of difference. They are really pretty, I think. But mine ended up to be about the same color they were as chicks.

Quote:
Hi,

I'm really glad to hear that! Although many of folks responding to this post have had different experiences, I'm glad that there is a chance that my EE's will look unique from each other.

I have been studying them very closely and now I do notice some differences. The muffs are varying shades and one them has a lot more lighter contrasting coloring than the rest. Also, only two are REALLY reddish, one of the others is just more brown and one looks like it might be kind of gray/black. Not really sure yet, though. I think as they grow, I will see more and more differences (I hope, anyway!) But I love them TO DEATH
love.gif
no matter what!

It's like some kind of addiction, I have to go out to the little shed I keep them in at least every few hours (maybe more) just to check on them to see that they are doing okay! I have them in a separate pen with a heat bulb and a thermometer just to make sure the temperature stays up there. It is, of course, warmest at the center of the lamp but the little room they are in has stayed very warm all last night and all day today. It also helps that their pen is elevated and not on the floor.

An update...

They all look VERY happy and perky, not only the EE's, but the BR's and the BO. They are very active and not huddled together. When I add fresh food (chick starter) to their feeder they immediately devour it even though they have had food all along! I put room temperature water in their waterer and I see them all drinking it up, too. And no pasty butts so far, all I have seen is nice solid poops. I am so glad they look healthy!

I will try to keep up with posting new pics as they grow so you can see how they are developing. I'm very anxious to see how they turn out myself!

Thank you all for your interest in my little ones!
smile.png
Genie

Back
Top Bottom