So excited I saw a HUGH Garter snake !!

tigger19687

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 27, 2017
Metrowest- Massachusetts
My Coop
My Coop
Yesterday I went into the coop in the afternoon and saw the mid-> end of a Large Garter snake !

YEAH !!:woot They eat mice and Chipmunks !!

I know it must have come from the property on the other side of the back fence. Old woman that never does yard stuff. So basically her small back yard is just durt and leaves.
Once every 2 years or so she has someone come in with a mower and, well, make dust clouds like they did yesterday morning. So they must have disturbed him to move.

He went under the coop/straw bale so I was poking around to get him to come out so I could get a better look at it. It ended up slithering back under the fence.

I have not seen a Garter snake in YEARS ! I like them, they are cute. I hope he sticks around.
I would RATHER have a Snake then Mice or Chipmunks :love

When the new coop is made it will be less likely he will go inside of it. Right now he could get into the small one because it is on the ground.
My girls are not laying yet so I am not worried.

I've wondered what size is the tipping point between "garter snake large enough to eat eggs" and "garter snake small enough to be devoured by chickens". ;)
Sounds like yours may be safe! I'd also muuuuccchhh rather have a snake that takes an egg now and then than nasty disease-bearing rodents.

I only saw a foot or more of his length, I want to say he was closer to 2 feet if I got to see the whole thing. That is why I was poking around. I don't think I had ever seen one that would be that long OR as fat as this one was.

Shoot, I will FEED him an egg now and then :D

Maann, one member peed in her pants when she found a snake, and now one is so excited when she saw a snake, it seems there are so many varieties of snakes, there are snakes who make you pee in your pants and ones who make you excited, for me all the snakes are pee in my pants and much more.

Back
Top Bottom