So excited!

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Well, no one around here really knows how exciting this is so I want to share it with all of you! LOL

Thursday, I sent my deposit for 12 hens and a roo, they will be POL around June 15 and that is when I will pick them up. I have wanted chickens for YEARS, dh started my coop/run LAST Mother's Day. It's done except for the pop door...he wants to wait (for what I don't know)??? This is great timing for me... Lots to do before they get here--like plant our garden, finish the basement, re-landscape my front yard, add more fencing for the large hounds we have.. More room for them but they will have less room in my yard!!
big_smile.png

I ordered: 3 Barred Rock, 3 Rhode Island Red, 3 Buff Op and 3 Blue Ameraucana hens and 1 Blue Ameraucana Roo! I will be getting these from a gal who seems to have a wonderful set up.
Thank you for letting me share my good news...
Dixiedoodle doing the happy dance...
D.gif
D.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Good for you!! I hope to be adding my small flock about the same time as you are!!! I am a realtor, and I am starting a small Alpaca farm too, so I HAVE to sell some houses and get these projects started. Hubby planted potatoes and onions today, so that is a start, and I am ordering asparagus, strawberries, blueberries and rhubarb this week from Gurney's to get some ever bearing things started. . .
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom