So for sure roo? 11-12 week old SLcochins

Look at their posture, in the pick their posture looks like that of a pullet. Also cochins are single comb chickens, which makes them easier to sex. You see compared to @sunnie7 the comb of your birds look pale, in cockerels it should be a more deep red. If you look carefully you can see the early development of Lancet (pointy feathers on the back of roosters, closer to the tail, pointing downwards) in his cockerel, I don't see any Lancet development in your birds. Also notice the difference in their posture.
20200719_094804.jpg
20200719_094733.jpg
20200719_094635.jpg

I am sure there are people who are better in sexing chickens. I for one was never good to begin with. However the way they hold themselves alone tells me that they are pullets. Add to that no attempt at crowing at three months, lack of Lancet feather development, the shape of the tail, the paleness of comb and wattles. Everything indicates towards pullets. But I am sure more experts will chime in.

Ah, these are LF. They're a bit different than my area of Cochin expertise. They also mature a little differently.

I almost want to say pullets.

Sunnie's bird is a SL Orp.

I was not aware that there is a Silver Laced Orpington variety. I am not into Orpingtons, never had one. I am not a big fan of Cochins either. I like spicy and active chickens.

Back
Top Bottom