So Heartbroken...So Upset!!!!!! ***UPDATE***

So sorry for that loss!!!

Get a duck egg, blow it out - fill it with something NASTY - and let the dog get it.....

Get a duck egg, blow it out - fill it with something NASTY - and let the dog get it.....

Sound like a great Idea there... but after the taste she got yesterday... she would just think that I was saying it was okay and she is allowed to eat them.... she would think it was just a bad egg... Not to mention... I only have 5 left... havent yet checked on this morning... but don't want to loose anymore​

***UPDATE***

I just got back in from taking care of all the babies... found a new duck egg in the same nest!!!!
big_smile.png
BUT, what surprised me is that she didn't cover it with hay like she has been... so I did it for her... did I do the right thing?

Question - We she keep laying and try to make up for those ones that dissapered OR will she just lay until her "cycle" is over??? I know she can lay as many as 20+ eggs that is why I am asking. Will she get to that mark and quit or keep laying? Does this make sence?

Thanks to all of you for your thoughtfullness, kind words, and warnings!!!! I really do not know what I would have done without all of you!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Tes

I would just take her eggs. If she is not covering them, she probably is not going to set anytime soon. It is getting cold for babies anyway. Baking season is coming up. You can use the ducks eggs for that.

Sorry all... but I just felt like showing off my egg sitters... here is Drake and Josh... and then both of them with the girls... I really wish there was a way to grow grass in the woods LOL
Josh, Drake, and the two Cayuga's who still need names
Duckies1.jpg

Josh, Drake, Sweedy... and still trying to find a name for the other two
Duckies2.jpg

Josh and Sweedy
JoshandSweedy1.jpg

Drake
Drake1.jpg

Aren't they just the prettiest duckies...
big_smile.png

gig.gif
sorry simplicity.... He is called a Blue Sweedish and I will tell you... he got his drake feathers late!!! I guess I am telling you that to warn you LOL.... we are also going to order more girls for him in the spring so that we can try our luck with pure breeding... He is a handsome guy and I know we will one day have beautiful ducklings provided by him!!! Think I need to start building that 500' x 500' coop/run
gig.gif
Just too keep all them in LOL

Haimish - hun you are not being rude... honest question... I had to ask myself when I started.... the D usually means Dear... but can also mean DUMB, DEVIL, DIP**IT, etc.... LOL
The H usually is husband, the S - son... and so on... hope I helped

Back
Top Bottom