So how come nobody said "Chickens are an Addiction"

WillsMama, okay, I'll help you overcome this problem. You can keep the little human pet you've got, but Beaudreaux and Bandit (Heinz 57), Lily (Cat), Reba (Hamster), Repicheep (mouse) and a sweet brood of 7- Lola, Goldie Hawn (who used to be named Pinoccio), Coconut, Chanticleer (Who was named Bambi), Bob, Robinhood and Abigail are going to have to come with me.

Quote:
Wait, wait, now that I think about it, I don't have a problem afterall!! Thanks Buff... but I think everything is just fine here.. yep, no problem at all...

Intevention???? Why do we need an intervention??? I don't have an addiction
D.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

You are all so funny!

I ordered chicks in early April (supposed to arrive end of April) - then I saw an incubator on here just around the corner and bought it. The chicks didn't come in but 3 dozen eggs went into the incubator (now I live in town and couldn't keep them all), 2 chicks were purchased from another BYC member cause I really wanted fuzzy butts, then 16 hatched out on May 21 (kept 3 sold the rest to 2 loving homes). Then the chicks arrived at the feed store - sold all but one of those to a friend at work (so that was nice). SO I have 6 babies - 3 supposed to be females and 3 from our hatch.

Now we are looking for a couple of fuzzy footed babies (and seems like I might have a lead on a few eggs to hatch fuzzy footed babies from), so now we may have a few bantams running around too.

I am loving the whole chicken thing. They are great and my kids love them (so do the neighbor hood kids and my daughter's friends). LOL

jumpy.gif
So Yes I have an addiction - no I don't really have enough land for it, but am gonna figure it out somehow!

LOL

Louella

DH finally admitted it last night he's addicted too....sitting waiting for dinner looking at the MMM catalog he says..."honey I'm just like you I'd like to have some of all of them" hehe I knew it!

I must say it was very reassuring to have found that there are other people out there that get chicks and then think "lets get more.".....

This all started because I'd come in the house and found ticks on me & family members had been finding them too & so I'd said to hubby "Ok look a few chickens in the yard and in the garden will be a natural way to control pests". I also thought that they're appaeling to see them strutting around/peeking at the yard free range? Having them in the brooder here in the family room though they're pretty funny to watch & it's cute to see them pop their heads up so they can see out when they hear people etc. I didn't think I'd like them near as much as I do.

I also didn't realize that I'd be trying to figure out how I can scrap enough money to gether to get a larger chicken coop so I can get more.... Again reassuring that I see others have a temptation to go get more? Though perhaps it's more a case of us all justifing this addiction for each other. Whatever at least we're enjoying life kids!

Oh, i read they were adictive, but I just laughed at that bit of information. I am in the same boat....I have 5 for our little family of 3, I figure if I can get a few of our neighbors to swap/trade product with us I can get my hubby to ignore the additional chicks I want

Back
Top Bottom