So I decided to build an underground coop: UPDATE pg 33

Very INGENIOUS!! I'm joining the 'popcorn' gallery to wait for spring & watch the progress. All I wanted is a root cellar, but your idea is REALLY great!
pop.gif
GO OBLIO, GO OBLIO
yippiechickie.gif

Cool project.

not sure if you have your roof figured out yet, but one earth covered home that I worked on used bituthane 3000 from grace company. it is perfect for below grade application, it was applied directly to 3/4 plywood which needed to be primed w/ a special primer first. I'd guess that materials for your roof would be about $300, from what I did last summer(07)

you can find a supplier from their website.

this home was huge timbers inside, covered with 3/4 white oak, 2 layers of 3/4 plywood and then the membrane, next was 4" foam, then a layer of poly, then 6" pea gravel, than 12-18" soil.

LOL Oblio get a heater out there and thaw it!!! Don't you know there are addicts here dying to see the next pictures???

I don't blame you actually. The weather has been so horrid here I haven't even been going out to salvage that free lumber.

Spring NOW. Spring NOW. Spring NOW. Sigh...

Quote:
Thaw it?! I can't even see it. There could be a colony of C.H.U.D.* living down there under the snow for all I know.

*To anyone who knows what C.H.U.D. are: You're old.

Back
Top Bottom