So I decided to build an underground coop: UPDATE pg 33

May I come live with your chickens?!
bow.gif

I have been following this thread with great interest. I love this kind of stuff and you're doing a wonderful job.

But - MANY OF YOUR RECENT PHOTOS ARE MISSING! Please don't leave us hanging. I can't hold my breath much longer
rant.gif

More pics please.

Computers and I are not a good combination. I operate a shovel much more competently.

Our Fearless Leader, Rob, kindly posted all the pics on my BYC page. The link is below my avatar.

Here's a winter pic:

IMG_3385.jpg

Quote:
I have an idea to make this coop even better..... On the Right side where it is totally open (with wire), you could actually put nest boxes along this side at ground level. You could make them open from the top with the top of the next boxes at a slant towards the ground so rain would drain off. This way you wouldn't have to go inside the coop as often and get dirty. You could hang their food and water by the door and then just grab the chain and raise it up at feed/water time. The only thing I could see as a problem, but really wouldn't be a problem, is that you'd have to make sure the nest boxes were a little lower than the roosts. Even with the open side taken up by nest boxes, I'd bet you'd still have good ventilation.

Great coop!

I've just seen this thread for the first time. What a great coop! So original! -Should come in real handy for the odd artillery barrage as well. You have very lucky chickens.

Back
Top Bottom