So, I decorated mothers grave today...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by justusnak, Dec 1, 2008.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Its been 2 months since I lost my mother...and the Holidays are even tougher. Today, my son and I went to my mothers grave, and decorated it for her. She doesnt have a head stone yet...so we tried to make it pretty for her. She always loved decorateing for the holiday...I hope she likes it. Anyways...here are a few pics from today......Merry Christmas Mom!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Verboten

Verboten Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Southern Oregon
    I am sorry for your loss.
    The decorations look very nice

3. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Oh Deb.. I'm a Deb too [​IMG] yesterday was 3 mos since my dad passed away, I'm with you sweetie. It is hard but we have to try to remember the good times honey, even though they make us cry at the most inconvenient times, its okay.

((((((((((( BIGGEST HUGS ))))))))))) and prayers to you. we'll get through this... PM me anytime okay?

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Very beautiful grave. My dad always decorates my mom's grave, but no matter what he puts on it, it always looks like no one cares, because the grave stone is set into the ground, horizontal like, like the way they do it in Minneapolis cemeteries. All the other gravestones in my mom's cemetery in NY are elaborate and tall and hers looks non-existent.

5. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I know that was very difficult for you.

It looks lovely.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Very lovely! Your mom must have been smiling in heaven for caring for her grave!

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    It's beautiful, you did a great job.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by