so i dont have a disease or anything i just didnt know where to post this

Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
so i have an english game rooster and my question is,is he molting cuz i dont know his tail looks spaced apart and his plumage is shiny and nice but his tail is looking strange so im asking is he
20190825_135124.jpg

so i have an english game rooster and my question is,is he molting cuz i dont know his tail looks spaced apart and his plumage is shiny and nice but his tail is looking strange so im asking is heView attachment 1888413
How old is he?
He may be molting.

Did he not have a battle trim when you got him for some reason I thought he did - do you have photos of him from earlier?

Last edited:
He might be molting but by how red the meat on his leg is I would venture to guess parasites like lice or mites.

Suggested treatment is a permethrin based spray sold in the equine department at most places under many names and in ready to use or concentrated forms. The one I use...
TE006407
oh oki thanks i honestly thought his legs are supposed to be like that s
The op is in Puerto Rico. The bird was most likely trimmed for fighting purposes. Google Puerto Rican gamefowl and you’ll see plenty.
The op is in Puerto Rico. The bird was most likely trimmed for fighting purposes. Google Puerto Rican gamefowl and you’ll see plenty.
exactly my freind thats exactly right,trimming is cutting the leg and lower body and under the wing feathers so the bird can have more resistance and jot get too hot,his legs are red because of a tortourous process of leaving the rooster in a cage in full sun with alcohol on his legs but a special alcohol with medicinal plants

so i have an english game rooster and my question is,is he molting cuz i dont know his tail looks spaced apart and his plumage is shiny and nice but his tail is looking strange so im asking is heView attachment 1888413

Hi!
No worries you can post someone will transfer it to the legit section.
First of all may I know his age
Seems like mini moult happen with my boys

My boys moult first effect on tails but also their tails feather become so weak when they use to sit somewhere where there feather got stuck or crurve it hard

But it's all normal nothing to worry
Your rooster look fantastic:)

Back
Top Bottom