So,I found out I enjoy raising quail

Bourree

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2017
So my mother and sister went to pick up a new puppy. The man also had chickens and quail and mom brought home a pair of quail.
It was left up to me to take care of them and knowing nothing about them started googling for answers.
I was very lucky that most of my questions had been answered in this forum.
I found it very enjoyable and thought I would look into getting some more.
I found someone in the area who was will to sell me 5 more birds.
I had the pair of coturnix already and got 3 more hens and a pair of Bobwhite.
Surprisingly I find it very relaxing to feed and water, take care of my birds.
I even bought some baby chicks when I went to the feed store to pick up some feed.
It amazing how fast they grow and how they have taken to me. They will even allow me to pick them up and pet them.
I'm now in the process of building a large yard with a coop to keep them all safe.
Well I just wanted to say Hi, and thank you all for the knowledge that you all have already shared with me. I hope to learn more and in the future maybe even help others with what I've learned.
Gotta run, got coops to build.
P.S. I've even bought a used rite farm 3600 incubator and have the first 8 eggs in it.
It's been a week and I hope they hatch
Bourree
(pronounced boo ray)

Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. It's always good to hear that BYC has helped people out - and even better when they join us :celebrate

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
We are so glad you joined our flock.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

I keep Bobwhites, I have greatly enjoyed my adventures with them over the years.

Enjoy all your quail and good luck with all your hatches! :)

Back
Top Bottom