So I might be getting a duck...

Wow...I never knew this! How do you store it?
I store pan drippings ( with bits of whatever was cooked in it) in the fridge up to a week. To clarify any animal fat you heat it until clear, and carefully strain out any bits in it, and you may need to do it more than once. When chilled it can last weeks in the fridge IF you got everything out.
But I’m lazy.
I keep a small Tupperware in the freezer for fats, and I add to it occasionally, or take it out for a day or two when I need some. I don’t know how old the stuff is on the bottom of the bowl.

I store pan drippings ( with bits of whatever was cooked in it) in the fridge up to a week. To clarify any animal fat you heat it until clear, and carefully strain out any bits in it, and you may need to do it more than once. When chilled it can last weeks in the fridge IF you got everything out.
But I’m lazy.
I keep a small Tupperware in the freezer for fats, and I add to it occasionally, or take it out for a day or two when I need some. I don’t know how old the stuff is on the bottom of the bowl.
Good to know! Think I could fry chicken in it? I hate using so much vegetable oil for frying but if I can use duck fat...

Back
Top Bottom