So I now have a $500 goose...Sadly, Frenchy's wing comes off next week

What an ordeal! Poor Frenchy and poor you!! That is one ballsy coyote from where I'm sitting. Yikes!
th.gif

I really hope you're able to take care of that predator asap. We don't have critters like that around here but if we did, I'd have a gun right next to the back door. It sounds like you're doing everything you can for her. I loved the photos of your daughter with Frenchy. They're precious! How sweet of her to help. Bless her heart.

I'm actually afraid of geese.. As a 3 year old I was "goosed" in the behind by one when I was feeding another and haven't been able to get past it. I think they're gorgeous though. I really hope Frenchy's wing heals up and she is back to as normal as possible. Get that coyote!!

Another trip to the vet today. Frenchy has yet another new cast, but there is good news, finally. The wounds are healing up nicely and she has not lost any more weight.
ya.gif
wee.gif
We still have the unstable fracture to contend with, but the vet is hopeful that it will eventually heal. Frenchy has gotten so used to riding in the car at this point that I don't even have to restrain her anymore. She parks herself in the front passenger seat on her towel, and watches the world go by out the window. She did give the vet a good yelling at today when he approached her. I am guessing she is feeling better and is irritated with him constantly poking and prodding at her. She won't be going back to the vet for another 10 days now unless the cast slips in the meantime. That has been the biggest issue with the bandages is that they keep slipping down the wing. They need to be tight enough to stay put, but not too tight as to cut off circulation. That's been a challenge.

I am so happy that this seems to be finally turning the corner.

Not such good news today. Frenchy's wing has to be amputated next week. The break is not healing and will never stabilize. She is scheduled to have it amputated early next week. I am so sad.

Not such good news today. Frenchy's wing has to be amputated next week. The break is not healing and will never stabilize. She is scheduled to have it amputated early next week. I am so sad.

Oh, the poor thing. You and your goose child have been through so much. Best wishes for a quick and complete healing for poor Frenchy after the procedure.
hugs.gif

I am so sorry to hear about your goose and the preditor problem. I was watchinga special on coyotes and inbreeding with wolfs and they are bigger and less fearful of humans. I am wondering if this might be the case with the one??
You are one of the great goose parents were you care abot you goose. Some would just put them to sleep.

We had a preditor problems with both foxes and racoons. We had several racoons come up and start killing our ducks and then killed an almost full grown Sebastopol gander believe this or not through the pen pulle it throught the wiring and pulled it and tore it to pieces. I went out that morning to feed and said where is my teengae gosling? Well found the corcus. I was sick.....
sad.png
Then it got 3 new born gosling in a pen as well. So my husband got the female that killed the teenager and the 3 goslings. Then the big male came up and he pulled a duck through the cycclone fence pen then came back later and got a call duck through a 1" x 2" pen. So he came back one night and husband went out and shot him in the rear end.

The next morning my husband went out and found our beautiful Gloria grey curly breasted sebastopol could not walk. We thought that the coon had pulled on her leg. We called several vets and was sent to an Aviran vet almost an hour away. But we went and he x-rayed her leg and guess what it was.? A pellet from my husband gun the pellets had hit the ground and bounced into her pen and broke and shattered her leg bone. Boy my husband felt awful about it.
We ask the vet if her could save her leg and he said yes, but it would cost us about $800.00.They told us when we made the decission to save Gloria that most people would have put her to sleep and just went out and purhased more for what it was going to cost us to fix Gloria. The final cost on the vets was way over $1,000.

I also thought you would like to see Gloria our expensive sebastopol.She is a super sweet girl.... This is Gloria up front and Sammie in the back. This is after the healing of her leg it is the leg up front.

I sure do pray that the person you hire gets the preditor and her babies.........

I'm so sorry to hear about this, hope all goes well though and she'll heal up quick and be back with the flock again. Keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom