So I picked up my 14 year old claw monster

Declawing a cat is CRUEL. No ifs ands or buts about it. The absolute worst thing you can do. And I don’t even like cats.
Most vets refuse to do it anymore, even in places where it is still allowed. Call me rude all you want, I don’t care. It’s better than being cruel to animals.
This leaves me speechless. I sat here thinking, trying to look at both sides. You don't know why claw monster has lost it's claws over the years. Seems if the owner didn't want claws he would have completely declared all at once, not 1 claw at a time. Your response, "cruel", was knee jerk reaction. What happened to respect? Respect for others.

@AllenK RGV Thanks for responding. I had assumed that there were reasons for the claw removal, one-by-one.

I recently had a barn cat with an infection in his toe and almost had to have his claw removed with the infected toe. I managed to clear out the infection and it healed well, but the claw no longer retracts so I need to clip it regularly to keep it short.

@Aapomp831 Why would you respond like that? I think that is rude.
You don't even know what the poster is musing about.
Declawing a cat is CRUEL. No ifs ands or buts about it. The absolute worst thing you can do. And I don’t even like cats.
Most vets refuse to do it anymore, even in places where it is still allowed. Call me rude all you want, I don’t care. It’s better than being cruel to animals.

Back
Top Bottom