So I thought we had americana chickens but it turns out they aren't because we got 3 easter eggers and other chickens that lay light/dark brown eggs.

I am not sure because we have beautiful pullets (they aren't a year old yet but just starting to lay eggs..) and they don't lay blue eggs like we were told. I am very upset and confused about all of this. They are about 6 months and no blue eggs. We have for sure one chicken not laying. So the other day we got 16 out of 17 eggs because one doesn't lay and all there was, was 3 green eggs, 4 light brown eggs, and 9 brown eggs.

I get the confusion, as the 'name game' is misleading. But, I don't understand why you would be very upset about them not laying blue eggs. It's only a shell color, that is not what you expected...they still lay eggs.

I get the confusion, as the 'name game' is misleading. But, I don't understand why you would be very upset about them not laying blue eggs. It's only a shell color, that is not what you expected...they still lay eggs.
Because some people enjoy different shell colors, and when you pay for a breed that makes those color eggs, you expect to get what you paid for

I wasn't upset... that came out wrong. I was just wondering because I am new to raising chickens. We were just surprised they were not the chickens we thought they were.

I wasn't upset... that came out wrong. I was just wondering because I am new to raising chickens. We were just surprised they were not the chickens we thought they were.
I was upset when I found out I did not get what I ordered. I have gotten chicks again locally to try to get what I wanted and most were roosters. I have ordered pullets again. I have sold birds, culled birds, and had to fight with mean birds 😡 all because I got the wrong order.

I was upset when I found out I did not get what I ordered. I have gotten chicks again locally to try to get what I wanted and most were roosters. I have ordered pullets again. I have sold birds, culled birds, and had to fight with mean birds 😡 all because I got the wrong order.
Where did you order chicks from?

Where did you order chicks from?
I had ordered from purely poultry. The Delaware chicks they sent grew up to be the noisiest birds ever and they were mean. I got 8 wrong chicks out of 12. I was most upset because the chicks were not even close to same temperament and type bird that I ordered. So I had to cull or sell them off. I am waiting on pullets from chicken scratch poultry now.
But not to hijack the thread, my point is this, people put in a lot of research into the type birds that might be suitable for their situation. Small toddlers, neighbors, small enclosure, and people that do not want to kill birds would not appreciate a shipment of meat birds even if they are free. A refund is a moot point if you still don’t have the chicks that you ordered.

Back
Top Bottom