So I was thinking can you potty train a Rooster?

tiffanyg2

Songster
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
SC
I was just sitting here wondering if it is possible~ they are intelligent. I wanna keep my Roo!
hit.gif
Why can't he go potty in a litter box? Haha

If I have a roo in my bunch, I wont know what to do! I love them all! Just jumping on the thread to see the responses as to what people do to keep their Roos.
big_smile.png

Well, I know my pet parrotlet is potty trained. Sounds wierd, she's all of 2oz and about 4" tall....but if she's sitting on me (arm or shoulder) and 'needs to go'...she comes and pecks at my cheek ever so gently (more like a light kiss), I'll put her on a playstand or in her cage - she RUNS to her favorite poo-perch, does her thing and then gets a drink/more food! Ugh. Reloaded, she returns to me.

86671_2009_to_2010_photos_961.jpg

And my puppy has learned to lick the back of my hand if he's got to go out. Doesn't do that any other time...and he ALWAYS goes.

It might be possible....maybe....don't know how....but.....?

I have roo that started going back to his brooder (dog cage) to poo when he was a few weeks old. At a year and a half old he will not potty in the house or if you are holding him ( and we are always holding him
roll.png
). He goes to the door and waits to be let out or struggles to be put down if you are holding him. He will do his business in the yard and then come back. I can't help you on training because he did this himself. It seems they have the ability to hold it but I don't know if they have the smarts to understand the training though.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom