So it turns out my neighborhood crazy isn't that crazy

AllenK RGV

Chicken Addict
Jul 23, 2017
Deep South Texas Laureles,TX 10A
It is the middle of the night and I have a neighbor screaming and yelling at shadows? Tonight I decided to offer him our eggs from today. He was functioning well enough to accept them but 10 minutes later he is back to screaming. Oh well I tried.

Pretty cool how the phrase "Fresh eggs" is disarming as I do live in Texas. I am also happy that he was able to return my egg collection basket. This all happened at 2AM.

Last edited:
You have gone above and beyond being nice to him. He might have some mental issue and in the back of his consciousness he will remember your kindness. Good luck with your neighbor...
The cool thing is he screams in English. I suspect he is a former soldier now and needs help with the VA.

The cool thing is he screams in English. I suspect he is a former soldier now and needs help with the VA.
What is he screaming? Or is he just yelling? Maybe there's a way to talk to him about it without offending him? You specified that he yells in english...what language does he normally speak? It might be to his benefit for you to have the police do a wellness check when he's doing this so he can get help

What is he screaming? Or is he just yelling? Maybe there's a way to talk to him about it without offending him? You specified that he yells in english...what language does he normally speak? It might be to his benefit for you to have the police do a wellness check when he's doing this so he can get help
Usually around here everyone speaks spanish. I will not contact the police as they use the county lockup as a treatment facility for mental illness. I do want to make contact with him again as he really did strike me as a soldier maybe I can help better in that way you know taking him to the county office to file a proper VA claim. I am probably nutso thinking like this but man his english was professional.

I couldn't understand a word of what he was screaming so can't help there only that I was surpised it was English and he stopped yelling when I got to his gate with those eggs.

Last edited:
Usually around here everyone speaks spanish. I will not contact the police as they use the county lockup as a treatment facility for mental illness. I do want to make contact with him again as he really did strike me as a soldier maybe I can help better in that way you know taking him to the county office to file a proper VA claim. I am probably nutso thinking like this but man his english was professional.

I couldn't understand a word of what he was screaming so can't help there only that I was surpised it was English and he stopped yelling when I got to his gate with those eggs.
Sounds like he was aware you were there then. Was he inside or outside? Maybe he was yelling at someone...the tv...something. Keep in mind that drugs might be involved. I've seen people on meth just randomly yelling.
Just be safe about it. "You can turn your back on a man but you should never turn your back on a drug" - Hunter S. Thompson

Sounds like he was aware you were there then. Was he inside or outside? Maybe he was yelling at someone...the tv...something. Keep in mind that drugs might be involved. I've seen people on meth just randomly yelling.
Just be safe about it. "You can turn your back on a man but you should never turn your back on a drug" - Hunter S. Thompson
Oh he was outdoors and making an incredible ruckus.

Oh he was outdoors and making an incredible ruckus.
I wouldn't rule out drugs then. Be aware. Know your enemy. People on drugs are very unpredictable. Above all be safe. You do not know anyone truly until you hold them over a volcano. Do not put yourself in a situation in which you can be manipulated. I have dealt with drug addicts and people that are mentally unstable and I can assure you that it is not safe. When in doubt call the police. Do not involve yourself as you did the previous night.

Back
Top Bottom