1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So, I've been really happy for the past few days...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ec_Prokta, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    And I have absolutely no clue why! I've just been going about my life like normal, and for some reason, whereas before I wanted to kill myself every waking second, I want to live! I've been getting back to normal on a lot of things, I've started respecting myself more, and, well, I'm just so happy!

There's a status update on my depression and all. [​IMG]

2. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Glad you're feeling better [​IMG] [​IMG]
    There's been that little something in the air over here too. Despite terrible global news and me having a heap of overdue work to catch up on, happiness abounds! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

And there you have it-you have discovered a truth of life here. Nothing ever stays the same. Just wait around a few days and things will change. Every tunnel has an end, even if it isn't apparent at one precise moment in time, and you'll come out on the other side if you keep walking. Wish all young folks would realize this. You just did and I'm very glad.

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Very wise words, Speckledhen!

5. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Good for you! [​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    EC, a happy you makes for a happy world around you. Life has it's ups, downs, and changes. Just understand that the bad stuff can/will change and you will be a stronger person for having outlasted the bad. "This too shall change" has helped me through some pretty rough times. Sourland is really glad that you are in a good space. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I am very happy to hear that! [​IMG]

8. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Glad you're feeling well today!

I often get to feeling sorry for myself (which I do realize is a completely different thing than depression), but all I need do is look around and see folks that have situations so much worse than mine - THAT makes it easier for me to be thankful & appreciative of what I do have! [​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG]

10. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by