So, Jax is going to be micro-chipped tomorrow and

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Oct 8, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    for a socializing trip to the sheriff's office.
    Today he needs an ear cleaning (they're not really dirty), his nails trimmed and an extra brushing.
    Please tell me I am not the only one that pretties up their dog for bye byes? [​IMG]

2. citrusdreams

citrusdreams Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    LOL, no, I haven't prettied them up cuz they're always so durned perty to begin with [​IMG]

But, I have waited until visits to shear them because I do such a choppy bad job [​IMG]

3. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    I clean up my dogs even tho I am bringing them to get groomed. [​IMG]

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Now that sounds like something I would do! [​IMG]

5. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I clean up my dogs even tho I am bringing them to get groomed.

[​IMG] I'm guilty of this too.

6. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    LOL YES when going out and about both my dogs get brushed, not only their coats but their teeth as well. My papillon especially gets his fluff combed out so he looks appealing to young kids. That way he takes the attention off my GSD who is social but not overtly friendly to strangers. Works out well [​IMG]

I furminate my dogs monthly and they get nails done about every three weeks. Bathing is only a few times a year and only if they really need it.

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Since Cash is an outdoor dog...he gets washed before we go on any big trips (anytime he has to ride IN the car or truck). He ALWAYS finds filthy, rotting carcasses, drags them home and rolls in them. [​IMG]

8. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:Oh, equibling, I have a story to tell about that! Today I accidently whacked my friend's dog in the face with my keys. He's kinda skittish, so I immediately knelt down and gave him lots of sugars. I kissed on him, and hugged him, so he wouldn't be afraid of me. That's when I found out he'd rolled in something quite raunchy and dead. [​IMG]

Did I mention I don't have any hot water right now because my heater is under repair? Said friend let me use her shower.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Good luck tomorrow Jax! Be a good boy! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I've been known to brush/groom my dog before walking her at night in the dark [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by