So, now I'm a surrogate Mom.....

That is so cool
smile.png
I wish I had a kangaroo.. haha

Thanks all of you for the support & kind words....& yes I am giddy & tired!! Today is 11 days post-surgery.....it will be 6 - 8 weeks before we remove the pin & wires from the leg, THEN he can bounce off the walls!!
big_smile.png

A few more days to go before I stretch the feedings out to every 4 hours
wee.gif

chooksinchoppers....loved the songs!!!
gig.gif

Henicillin....I live so far out in the country, I could probably have an elephant and no one would notice!
lol.png
Gilbert commutes to work with me everyday...but he belongs to the park, and of course when he's older, he'll be staying at the park. I'll see him everyday, but I think it'll be strange to leave him!

happychooks....you're so right, the adult males can be dangerous. I'm extremely careful when I'm in the enclosure with Gilbert's dad....Rocky Balboa, he's big & strong! The little Mom is a sweetheart! She meets me at the gate every morning & sniffs my shirt ...she knows I have the joey. I feel so badly for her but all I can do is finish the job & return Gilbert to the mob when he's older. Going into the kangaroo enclosure is the only time I don't have Gilbert/pouch on me....it wouldn't be a good idea to upset Mom which of course would upset the Dad!
hide.gif

Gilbert & I were almost arrested yesterday!!! Had to go to WalMart for a prescription & had Gilbert zipped up in his pouch....it just looked like a large purse. I was there 15 minutes. When leaving, police met me at the door...someone called in that I was carrying a baby in a bag!! I told him it was a baby....but not a human baby! They thought it was funny, but management won't allow me to bring Gilbert to the store again because no animals allowed ...even if you can't see them.
sad.png
Funny....there was a toddler in the store that screamed bloody murder the entire time I was there...& it gets to. Gilbert never made a sound!

I'm taking lots of pictures & I'll keep posting updates when I can....now I have to feed Gilbert AGAIN!
big_smile.png

So sweet! I actually got to hold a baby Joey once. We have a woman in our state that is known as "The Kangaroo Lady" and she goes to schools and birthday parties to show children exotic animals. Blessings, Blessings, Blessings!!!

If you brought him into my pharmacy, the biggest problem would be my staff's having to coax/bribe/drag me away from admiring him long enough for me to verify your script!
smile.png

I wonder if the clown who called the police has ever seen a woman carrying her infant in a sling. Evidently not!

Back
Top Bottom