So Over Summer Come On Fall!

I WISH I could complain about the heat! It's raining like it's winter or spring outside! Need some sun. I've never seen weather like this in the 8 years Ive lived here. This is so stupid!!!
somad.gif

I live in Kansas, and this heat is unbelievable....the humidity is high and the heat index for the next 6-7 days (at least) will be over 100 degrees! It been that way, all ready, for quite a while. It's gotten to the point where even putting my chickens in the shade with a large fan was not keeping them cool enough...they were hardly eating and their mouths hung open. I cannot believe what I had to do.....I am even embarrassed....I brought my chickens into our basement during the hottest part of the day!! I partitioned off an approximately 15' X 15' area, put newspapers down and pine shavings. They are making a horrible mess! But it's better than having them suffer and maybe die!

One tolerant husband, one mini aussie, 2 SLW's, 3 barred rocks and 2 buff orpingtons

Last edited:
The heat is so awful and i saw pools are shutting down AUG 8 to save on money by then it will be
somad.gif
well just say the hottest summer here in my life are pumpkin patches are burning and creek is dry all the wildlife have to travel so far to get water
barnie.gif

somad.gif
today is the worst ever 98 with 120 heat index and thursday we will set a record the 102 and heat index at 138 that is the worst summer is awful
somad.gif
go away and stay away we need rain here it will be a dessert by the end of summer if we dont get rain now
barnie.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

Yes....still over the summer here!!!! Got in my car the Wednesday, turned on my outside temp guage and this is what it looked like..remember...this is the outside temp

damnhot.jpg

Back
Top Bottom