So proud of my girls...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Kristina93, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Kristina93

Kristina93 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2010
    Southern California
    My gardener came, and I had forgotten that he was coming today. So I had already let the girls out. They were so good though. As soon as that lawn mower started up, they went running to their coop. I told them to 'go home girls' and all three went marching up the ramp and into the coop. [​IMG] I swear, chickens are so much easier than pretty much any other pet I've ever had!

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Yup! I agree. I wish my dogs were as well-behaved as my chickens. Life would be less complicated.

3. tcates

tcates Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    The one time mine were out while the yard was being mowed, they chased the poor guy's riding lawn mower grabbing fresh cut grass and I am assuming bugs [​IMG] Freaked my yard guy totally out!

4. jaimslee4u

jaimslee4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:My chickens' come running when I call my dogs - they usually get there first!

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Much easier to care for than dogs. And they don't shed all over your house. [​IMG]

tcates......that would freak me out too!

6. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    I agree - most chickens are fairly low maintenance, and well-behaved. As long as they've got structure and a routine, they're great! I spend more time keeping track of my dogs than I do the chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by