So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

Well...... it's been a month since Beth Cazier Smith passed. We are finally getting into some sort of routine without her. It's been a little disconcerting. Things that I would normally discuss with her that I can't now. Those things throw me off a bit. We ALWAYS talked about spending plans and things like that together before taking action. . Getting used to doing things without her is strange. We are adjusting though, and overall I think things are going well.

Again, thanks to everyone for their support. I have always been terrible about thank-you notes...that was Beth's department. I would make sure she had them, she would write things up and I would mail or drop them off. So don't feel too bad if a thankyou note is late, or it doesn't show up. Doesn't mean we aren't grateful.

I think people do things out of kindness and wishing to be helpful at these times. Thank you notes are more for wedding, birthday, and graduation gifts.
Helping hands require less gratitude when they know your own hands are full.
I am not so sure I am expressing that correctly.
There is an open grace for funeral bouquets and casseroles.
Take care of yourself.

Howdy folks,

I haven't been on here for a while. It's been a very busy few months.

I was diagnosed with cancer just over a month ago. I'm in my late-20's, so it certainly came as a shock. Everything in my life has changed so dramatically. Though it is hard sometimes, it's a beautiful place to walk, because it has made me really look at myself, my priorities, my habits, etc. It has caused me to make some pretty awesome changes.

I'm so glad there's a place on here where I can chat with others who are walking, or have walked, through cancer. I like to talk about it, but it's hard talking with people who don't know about it.

I have not had it, I have just been supportive of those that do. So, you have my support.
I just replied to you on the coffee thread, but this is a better place for it to be.
I am Glad you are back to visit with us chicken people.
big_smile.png

I have not had it, I have just been supportive of those that do. So, you have my support.
I just replied to you on the coffee thread, but this is a better place for it to be.
I am Glad you are back to visit with us chicken people.
big_smile.png

Me too!!
big_smile.png
It's good to be back among the Land of the Chicken-Peeps! LOL!

And thank you for your support!!

To:GAfarmgirl87
Hi I have not been on here for a really long time but I was here for the start of it. My now friend Gin,{Lunachick} started this thread. We had both found out about our cancers at the same time. Having no one really to talk to we found each other. I have been cancer free for 4 years 4 months now and this month is time for my every 4 month checkup. So it's all up there messing up my head again. I will be checking in daily from now on so if you do need to talk about it you will get help here. This thread helped me so much. I found that people in my life would always change the subject if I tried to talk about my cancer. I now know they just couldn't handle it and that is O.K. I hope this thread help you or anyone else feeling lonely get the answers they need. Peace

S@R@

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom