So this just happened.

Dec 8, 2019
Valencia County, New Mexico
I just got a text about someone wanting to give me two ferals they had raised since they were chicks. They can't keep them but they also can;t just let them free. So I said i'd take them, I have the space. But I don't take calls, just for my own personal safety reasons.They wanted to call me but I said no. So now I think they ditched me and I dont know what to do. They probably think i'm some kind of creep wanting to know where they live, because I asked what area they lived in so that I can figure out where to meet. I want these pigeons to go to a good home with me, and not fending for themselves in the wild. What can I tell them to get them back?

Texting/calling and explaining the situation is about all you can do. We also do not take calls outside the family for similar reasons. It's sad that the world becomes less safe day by day. We advertise on craigslist often and the texts/e-mail we receive would make anyone stop taking calls.

What can I tell them to get them back?
Pass on that one,,, That individual can possibly have NEGATIVE INTENTIONS..

This just raises RED FLAGS.
I just got a text about someone wanting to give me two ferals they had raised since they were chicks.

When you raise pigeons, peeps do not consider them ferals. They may be mixed breed.

Pass on that one,,, That individual can possibly have NEGATIVE INTENTIONS..

This just raises RED FLAGS.
I just got a text about someone wanting to give me two ferals they had raised since they were chicks.

When you raise pigeons, peeps do not consider them ferals. They may be mixed breed.
I have a screenshot of the text message for your own interpretation. I’m just assuming they are feral because they were supposedly found in an apartment attic. I'm not saying it isn't questionable, but I'll post the picture later.

2893291A-1193-4EA4-894E-8B041E550BC3.png

Consider your SAFETY above all first. Cruel people can write anything they want.:idunno
I read your post on Craig's and :hugs for all the good that you do. :thumbsup
I also post thing on Craig's ,,,,, Many things as free giveaways. I also state that I prefer text or email. After a few text or email messages, if I feel comfortable, I do ask to call or I call back myself.
The advice I give you,,,,, is same advice I would give to my adult children.

Back
Top Bottom