So, today my wife said we ought to get 3 more chicks

I had to be strong and say no to the Russian Orloffs in TSC, I've been wanting some for years and TSC FINALLY got some, but I just hatched 15 chicks with 15+ on the way... so I was a bit disappointed to walk out empty handed. I'll just have to cuddle my own chickens extra to make up for it ;)

Ahh, but I don't. It's an 8x8 playhouse that is still sitting in my sister-in-law's backyard in Massachusetts, about 150 miles from me. I'm going to rent a trailer and go get it as soon as the snow here melts enough to let me get close to where I'm putting it. The playhouse has a porch on the front so the usable size is about 6x8, which should be big enough for 12 birds. it's well built, with 2x4 and plywood construction. I'll just need to add roosts, poop boards and nest boxes, as well as add an adult-sized door to one end. The current door is maybe 4 feet tall. I should have it here in the middle of April.

Last night when I put the new babies in with the original group (we got them Monday) I was concerned about how they'd get along. My nervousness about it wasn't helped by the little LH who kept running around biting the feet of the original six... but here they are tonight.. all cuddled up like family.

Attachments

• chicks12.jpg
    chicks12.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom