So two chickens in the past few days...

I have a good dog, a retriever thats trained well but he's almost 7 and the coyote hit when he was out there, just not where he was at.

Well, I haven't seen coyotes since we lost the two birds while we were right their. I'm working on clearing some brush, making a 2D decoy flock and putting in a tree stand.

I have some red security lighting going up today in hopes to see them at night better.

I've cleared a lot of brush and put up a platform in a tree, we'll get the chickens out in the next day or so and see if the coyotes come back.

Been out with chickens in large dog crates and with decoys the past few days. Haven't seen anything. I ordered some snares, that will hopefully work

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. Three days ago I saw a coyote here, trotting thru the pasture about 50' from our chicken run. I'm pretty sure that was our culprit. We don't have a gun. Today we were gone all afternoon, and a dog showed up. She was in our yard, not interested in the chickens, she certainly had plenty of time to try to tear into their pen. I don't know, maybe she'll be our livestock guard. I'm giving her a chance.

Already tried calling, that hasn't worked. Last night they got out for a little bit and no coyotes again. They all stuck together which made things easier.

Been a while now, still haven't seen the coyotes again. Borrowed a friends electric netting so the chickens have been out for a couple weeks now. Snares haven't produced anything either.

Does this site have rules against posting how to advice on snares? ,I am a trapping instructor in the fall ,i know the how to s and what not to do s and can post pics ,on proper sets ,all will be tasteful ,just curious.

Back
Top Bottom