So very wrong. So very unfair!!!!!!

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
My husband went outside tonight at his dorm in Turkey. THIS is what greeted him. Well, if you can consider curling up in a ball and hissing a greeting!!!! I want hedgehogs milling aimlessly around the outside of MY house too!!!! It just doesn't seem quite fair to me!!! He is soooooooo adorable!!!
love.gif

7091_0771.jpg

I think they eat fruit/vegetation/insects stuff like that, but I am not sure. I have always wanted one!!! I know it sounds silly but I almost forget they actually live wild. I always think of them as a domestic animal.
smile.png

Yeah, he has been seeing some really cool animals since he has been there...some very pretty and interesting birds, too. He is really enjoying that part of it.
smile.png

Quote:
They are insectivores

LOL...looks like we were posting at the same time and I wasd at least partly right.
smile.png

Yeah, they can eat up to 200 grams of insects per night.
Would be nice to have one in the garden.

It is common for people in the UK to try to lure hedgehogs to live in their gardens, they even make hedgehog sized holes in their fences to let them come in.

Too bad they don't live in North America.

We do have pygmy hedgehogs as pets here in the US but it is not that numberous. I am not sure if you have to have a license to have them as pets or city ordiance (full of crock if you ask me).

Sure they are cute, maybe they are much easier to care for than ferrets!

Quote:
I see rooster-red heading to Turkey to pick up a few dozen, and relocating them to North America. O'possums are getting too easy.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom