So what did you cook today?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by bargain, Nov 19, 2009.

1. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    I have chicken pieces marinating in buttermilk. We haven't had a fried chicken dinner in a long time.
  2. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
  3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Banana bread is in the oven and chocolate chip cookies are next. And this isn't for Thanksgiving!!! [​IMG]
  4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Okay, I need a great amazing butterscotch recipe ....pleaseeee

I'm looking everywhere....I've done the butterscotch brownies,,,,but is there a butterscotch pound cake or cake or something anyone has tried.....I owe Hubbie a dessert!!!

Thanks and have a blessed evening.....No dinner yet,,,movie afternoon too much popcorn........
  5. doubled

doubled Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Madrid, New Mexico
    made a delicious pot of beans in the crock pot while i was sleeping saturday night and running errands sunday.
    used the beans for nachos, soup and breakfast burritos so far. going to make chili with them tonight...
  6. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

Well, DH is on strike eating dinners etc till Thanksgiving lol He knows he wil be a porker so he is trying to stay on his lean cuisine stuff <yuck>

But I am making healthy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies today AND more cranberry bread [​IMG]
  7. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009

I will be baking hundreds of cookies with my 4-Hers, tonight, though. They will go to shelters. I am so proud that they decided to do this.
  8. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    I made a Peppermint Ice cream dessert that is just heavenly! Tonight for supper though we are having chipped beef and homemade biscuits!! [​IMG]
  9. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    I made chocolate chip and butterscotch pancakes for breakfast. Sourdough bread with honey butter for lunch. Lemon bars now for my grandfather, and pizza for dinner.
  10. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    Chili from home canned tomatoes, onions and peppers. Added kidney beans and chopped, browned venison. Also added some fresh green onions and banana peppers from the garden.
    A salad made from leaf lettuce out of the garden. (Our garden season is about over, we're to get a hard frost toward the end of the week.)

Dessert is a fresh baked Chocolate Chip Amish Friendship bread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by