So what do I name it?

spookyevilone

Crazy Quail Lady
14 Years
Oct 5, 2008
Minneapolis
One of my Coturnix, a baby red tuxedo, hatched two days early tonight. Fully formed, fully fluffy, in the brooder and bigger than the week old button quail.

Since it was hatched on Xmas day, it needs a Xmas name. Recommendations thus far:

Klaus
Jesus (Note: the suggestion was not made out of disrespect)
Rudolph
Aslan (don't ask, the suggester is 4)

Suggestions or votes?
-Spooky
(who is so very happy the baby decided to appear today. Will get pics in the morning - right now, it's sleeping in a tiny little piggy pile with the buttons.)

If its a boy it could named St. Nick
wink.png

Cinnamon or Nutmeg lol! (okay okay not so christmasy but that's when I get to taste those spices the most)!

As for the color, red tuxedo? Please clarify im curious what you mean by red? Remember, the only colors that come in tuxedo are tibetan, so it sounds like you got a dark tibetan on your hands (VERY PRETTY)!!!!! I love mine hehe!

Quote:
Nope, it's a new colour mutation that Stromberg's will be offering this year. I got my breeding pair from the person who developed the line. She sent the first stable generation to Stromberg's last year so this year they'll be offering eggs. It's much lighter than a tibetan, but darker than a cinnamon, and very clearly red. I'll get pictures in a bit and post some. Red tux + red tux = red tux, and red tux + white = red tux, but red tux + anything else = dark tux or dark bird.
-Spooky

I've heard that the Narnia stories are actually just rewrites of bible stories. I think we all know there's nothing original in Hollywood these days. Anyway, Aslan represents jesus, with the self sacrificing death to erase the wrongs of Edmond, followed by the resurection. I guess in a round about way you have two suggestions of "Jesus"

Back
Top Bottom