SO what do U do when U recieve annoying phone calls from someone?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIChookchick

Songster
9 Years
Aug 25, 2010
Rural Brooklyn, WI
Ok, I called and emailed a lady over a month ago to look at a colt she had for sale.
Turns out he has a bad sway back and not even two. I thought I would try to do what I could with him.
I went down there a few times, working with him, he didn't lead, halter, tie, you couldn't (still can't) catch him in the pasture.
I made amazing strides with him. BUT with the help of good friends here, I discovered his issues were more than just that.
And training him and finding him a home where he wouldn't be a pasture pet (not that there is a problem with that), I just can't
put that kind of money, time, and energy into a horse that would be donated to a rescue.

SO I called and got her voice mail, AND emailed her, letting her know I couldn't take him. I gave him a good start, so it would be a lot
easier for her to find him a home now.

She called while I was away from the house, during the day. I felt I had said what I needed to say to her. I could not take that horse.

Fast forward to tonight, suddenly she is calling ALL the time, She has called about 5 times just in the last 15 minutes alone...
I feel she is trying to stalk me now. She said she had other people interested. Why hasn't she called them..
Do they now realize that this horse will have to be a pasture pet only?

How do I get her to stop?

Ideas?
Similar stories?
Thanks
Carol

You could do what I do when I get unwanted callers....I simply say "hold on a minute" and set the phone down and go about my business. I go back after about 5 minutes, see if they're still on....if they are ask them to hold again. If they're not, they're quick learners.
gig.gif

Seriously, just tell her to quit calling you. You're not interested. If she continues to call then do what I suggested....it's gotten me off of many telemarketing calls.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but have you asked her to stop calling you? Simply say "I am no longer interested. Good luck and please do not call me anymore."

If you are seriously beginning to feel 'stalked' start jotting down times, etc of calls & briefly what was said--starting with you telling her to STOP CALLING. If she continues after that, contact your local authorities. While she may not be stalking you, she IS harrassing you.
If you don't like confrontation, don't answer the phone & don't return her calls. If you have caller ID it'll make it easier NOT to answer.
Do you have any way to block the number she's calling from?

Why not pick up the phone and talk to her person to person instead of leaving messages on her phone? Maybe she wants to tell you something else... whatever..
Its just be simpler to pick up the phone and find out WHAT exactly she wants.
Are you afraid of confortation or something? Because you decided you didnt want her horse? Eh... i wouldnt worry about that...
Just pick up the phone ONCE and talk to her.. at least give her that much respect.
Just my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom