SO, What's everybody got in your incubators?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mothergoose, Jan 14, 2007.

1. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Lets see, I can't seem to shut my incubator off...I just keep putting more in.
    Right now, I have some lakenvelders & welsummers due to hatch Friday. Some more lakenvelders & partridge silkies due to hatch 1/28. Some Bantam Salmon Favorelles due 1/30. And test eggs from Counselor5 due on 2/3.

That is'nt enough, so I bought some bantam cochin eggs and some more silkie eggs, and am bidding on 3 auctions on eggbid!

I am a hopeless hatching addict....

So, what are my fellow addicts up too?
    Christie

2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    I don't have anything in the bator, now, but I have week old OEGB's in the brooder. So I guess I jumped the gun a bit. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 'What's in the bator' varies from week to week [​IMG]

Next hatch will be on the 19th --- 12 Naked Neck x Silkie cross eggs.
    Then hatching again on the 27th --- 21 Naked Neck x Silkie cross eggs, 5 Ameraucana eggs, and a mottled Cochin egg.
    Then again on 2/2 --- 3 mottled Cochin eggs and 3 Ameraucana eggs.

There are a couple dozen more under hens --- Naked Neck crosses, mottled Japanese, Silkies, and Ameraucana eggs.

Oh, and a broody Button Quail on 10 eggs [​IMG]

*snort* I'm trying to show some restraint, I've got 70+ chicks in the spare room in brooders [​IMG]

Lisa

4. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    I have some nnXsilkies in the bator, I know some are developing I candled friday night and I could see those little peeps moving. Today is day 9. I don't know how the ones under Whynonna are doing but she is sitting like a good silkie should:) Grow peeps grow. These are from Lisa.

5. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    I have in the incubator assorted silkies and white crested chocolate polish bantams that are due Feburary 2 and 2 serama hens setting on 14 eggs due tomorrow.[​IMG] I can't wait. I hope to get some speckled sussex and some dutch bantam eggs sometime this year. I've only had chickens since August but I'm having a ball with the ones I have now. I guess I have it in my blood since my parents had 500 laying hens when I was little.

Georgia

6. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    OOOOOoooo White crested chocolate polish sound really cool. Ive never seen one, do you have any pictures?

chel

7. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I have OEGBs and bantam cochins in- due on my DD's 21st birthday (the 27th) I've been checking fertility too. :eek:

8. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
  9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Full of Welsummers from Ritter :) and two doz of Pecedescenda eggs from JPool and Mitchell and two more doz from Catalupa Farms for those Black/Blue Favs and Salmon Fav eggs. Man, I'm packing it in!

10. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    well, Mine is full of silkie eggs as usual. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by