So, yeah. Should have probably thought of this earlier.

Chickrockette

In the Brooder
Jan 30, 2017
So, it;s the night of Day 20. Chirping started around noon today and has been getting more frequent and more plentiful. (I love that they respond to my voice!) I've been keeping the bator in the kitchen for easy observation, but before they hatch I need to move it to the basement where it is *less* easily observed (and molested) by our 3 curious cats. But is it cool to move them at this point, if I'm very careful not to jostle them too much? I figure they are starting to roll around on their own anyway.....

Thanks to the helpful folks who replied to my earlier posts for helping me get this far!

Maybe put a cloth / towel over the eggs to minimise movement during transit, be quick about it and it would be ok, I'd think.

Maybe put a cloth / towel over the eggs to minimise movement during transit, be quick about it and it would be ok, I'd think.

Fabulous. Thanks so much. They're headed down now!

Added bonus of basement: I can't obsessively check them as often!

I'd also suggest getting someone to help you lift the incubator around if it's not a small incubator. They can be quite awkward, just when you need to be smooth and careful. That's when you'll trip or drop it.
wink.png

At least that how it'd work for me.
smile.png

I'd also suggest getting someone to help you lift the incubator around if it's not a small incubator. They can be quite awkward, just when you need to be smooth and careful. That's when you'll trip or drop it.
wink.png

At least that how it'd work for me.
smile.png
lol! Yes, me too. Already moved though - it is a tiny "12" (read: 9) egger from Magicfly. Of course now cats have decided they just happen to need to explore the basement, which they never do....:)

Back
Top Bottom