so, you wanna see the fuzzies? hatch done!(pg 10)

Congrats on the chicks!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
the trays in my hatcher are 2 1/4 inch's high. i think i like it better then the tray in the bator, which is like 6 inch's high and no cover,, seems like the difference between using cartons and not. they have plenty of room in my small trays, they move around, but they dont RUN around, and dont move the other eggs around even half as much.

GREAT news MJ
wink.png
isnt the first hatch in a new bator sooooooooooo coolies hehehehe
cool.png

ya got eggs ready to replace em yet??? lol

Quote:
if i could see to count them i sure would let you in on it, but alas, no!
my best guess at this time is 'some'.
lol.png

thanks Buster & LAG!

Jim, now you should know by now that i wouldn't let the bator sit empty. four dozen on their way next week.
big_smile.png

RIR, BO, BR & BCM

Quote:
the trays in my hatcher are 2 1/4 inch's high. i think i like it better then the tray in the bator, which is like 6 inch's high and no cover,, seems like the difference between using cartons and not. they have plenty of room in my small trays, they move around, but they dont RUN around, and dont move the other eggs around even half as much.

GREAT news MJ
wink.png
cool.png

I guess the trays in the Dickey are about 2 inches or so. The trays in the hatcher and the bator are the same size. So, Jim, you don't use the egg carton method, right? But I guess it makes sense that they can't move around as much with the cover on, so they don't disturb the eggs as much. I just really like to hatch in cartons, so I'll have to get used to laying them on their sides again. It stresses me, seeing them roll all those little eggs around.
barnie.gif

Paula

PTL!!!!!

I'm grinning and doing the happy baby chick dance....Thank you Lord for the hatching babies!!!!

What joy!!!

Thanks for sharing. Nancy

Quote:

GREAT news MJ
wink.png
cool.png

I guess the trays in the Dickey are about 2 inches or so. The trays in the hatcher and the bator are the same size. So, Jim, you don't use the egg carton method, right? But I guess it makes sense that they can't move around as much with the cover on, so they don't disturb the eggs as much. I just really like to hatch in cartons, so I'll have to get used to laying them on their sides again. It stresses me, seeing them roll all those little eggs around.
barnie.gif

Paula

nope i dont use it now,, i did on like the third hatch in the bator, and every other hatch,, i had better luck using cartons then leaving them lay in the bator tray,, but once i got the hatcher, and tried in its trays,,, i like that the best. when i put them in the carton, in the back of my mind i keep telling myself that the air doesnt surround them ( or the humidity), it blows across the top of them. when their laying in the tray, their blanketed all around by the air and humidity.
hmm.png

my meds seem to make me think too much
big_smile.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom