So........

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Buster, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I have had interest in my chicks locally plus a friend is buying all the ones that I can hatch that I don't sell locally, so I made a deal with DW that I would keep 3 dozen eggs on hand for her to sell to people or give away or use for eating and when I get three dozen again I'll start collecting for setting in the bators again.

Well, I still had a dozen eggs in the refrigerator yesterday when I set 4 dozen in the Sportsman and today I am back up over 3 dozen eggs in the frig. Time to start collecting for setting again. This goes FAST! I think I'll fill that bator in no time. I get about 7 dozen eggs a week. Very soon I'll have my buffs and BBS orps separated back into breeding pens. I can hardly wait!

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] there is a sucker born every minute. [​IMG] you can't leave the bator empty for 5 minutes... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I'm pretty sure this is why I am not letting myself buy a bator! It is very tempting though!

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Nope- I got down to 1 egg left and set 4 dozen.

I forgot to include the eggs in the Hovabator.

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Well, I'm not doing this for fun- I have these pre-sold. I am selling all I can locally and then with the ones left I'm selling to a friend until she has 200.

6. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Quote:You just keep tellin' yourself that, Buster! [​IMG]

We'll all be here to support you when the addiction takes over. [​IMG] [​IMG]

You WILL become consumed with it, trust me! [​IMG]

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    oh Buster! just fess up! you can't be true to others until you're true to yourself! [​IMG]

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

So what happens when the Sprtsman is filled. Or did you order another one already? [​IMG]

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:That was exactly what I was thinking!! [​IMG]

Does she realize how many eggs you get?? [​IMG]

10. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

What do you mean "when the addiction takes over", Shelley? Looks to me like it's a done deal! [​IMG]

Buster, you might as well order one of those incubators that are the size of a small bedroom. Looks like you're going to need it very soon! Oh, and you can just send your Sportsman to me since you won't be needing it any longer!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by