Social media purchases ~The crazies.. Or is it me?

Allie3513

Chirping
Mar 3, 2015
Arkansas
Not really sure where to post this one..

So how do you protect yourself when purchasing items over? I've had two "negative" experiences over the past week trying to purchase items through FB.
Luckily no money was exchanged.
1. The guy was taking "orders" for some 12 month old sexlink hens that wouldn't be ready to pick up until a few weeks due to molting..
Which I can understands because of stress.. He seemed to have an unlimited supply since when asked how many he had, thinkin we would buy the rest that had not sold.. His reply was how many do you want?
Then when I asked for pictures he said he didn't have any because he had not picked them up yet.
I've heard of hatcheries/egg farms selling out their hens at the end of their production cycle for really cheap. Does this sound like what is happening here? He said they were not hatchery chickens but something wasn't right about the sale. He posted to multiple sites, gaining numerous orders for them.

2.I found a used incubator for $60.
Since the owner didn't know the name brand.. I offered $40, which she flat refused. I then replied I would give her $50 if she could guarentee the incubator worked.
Long story short, her reply was that the incubator was $60 and came with no guarantees..
Wanting to insure a good purchase, I proceeded to tell her politely I would pass because I didn't want to invest that much money in something that may not even work..
She then replied it did work.
Confused I was said ok, but you said you couldn't guarantee it works.. And that because she was on a time constraint she had set and the fact I would be traveling an hour to get there, that I would like to do more research to see what brand the store she purchased it from carries and would get back with her that afternoon.
The woman then rudely informed me that I was wanting something for nothing and she would not do business with me.. That if I wanted a guarantee I should just go purchase a new one because I would be happier..

I'm still frustrated over the last one.. What is the deal here?

Back
Top Bottom