Soft shell eggs

Runnerduck918

Songster
5 Years
Nov 18, 2017
Hi again!!
Have my four runner ducks and for the past 2 days have found soft shell eggs in there pen around 7pm...they get fresh oyster shell, layer crumbles and healthy treats...it’s been well in the 90s this past week...does heat have an effect on the eggs? They get fresh cool water I put electrolytes on one of there waterers...am I missing something?
Thanks in advance for your help!

I have been reading about soft shelled eggs (regarding chickens as my ducks aren't old enough) and the heat can affect them if nothing else is going on. Are they new layers? That can also affect the quality of eggs.

I have been reading about soft shelled eggs (regarding chickens as my ducks aren't old enough) and the heat can affect them if nothing else is going on. Are they new layers? That can also affect the quality of eggs.
They turned one this past May.... and have been laying since March is that still considered new layers??

Great question! I have been wondering this myself. I have gotten more soft shelled and shell-less eggs in the past week than I have in 2 years. We had temps in the mid 90s until yesterday. Nothing else has changed.
Really!! Yes this is the first time I have got soft shells and so frequent strange

Back
Top Bottom