Solar Fan

@Ragfrey , yes, that is just a piece of Romex I happened to have. It was a classic case of “what do I have laying around I can use to see if this will even work? If it does. I’ll make it nice later.”

Three years and two coops later…

The birds like it.

I thin my husband connected the electric wires backward To reverse the direction of the fan.
You can't just reverses the direction eclectically, on most fans. The blades are generally made to blow in one direction. If they are just reverses electrically that will severally decrease their effectiveness.

You can't just reverses the direction eclectically, on most fans. The blades are generally made to blow in one direction. If they are just reverses electrically that will severally decrease their effectiveness.
The one I have came with instructions on how to remove the blade assembly and turn it over to reverse the flow. I just reversed the polarity to make it spin in the other direction. As it is a radiator fan for a car, it's designed to "suck, not blow", and I wanted it blowing under the coop.

It moves a good bit of air. When it's really hot it's funny to see who sits directly under the coop in front of it and gets their feathers ruffled and who sits on the other side of the coop for the "gentle breeze".

Side note: you can REALLY hear the difference in output when a cloud goes over or different times of the day given it is direct wired.

And yes, if I had one up at the top of the coop itself, I'd definitely have it set to pull air and smells out rather than trying to force it in.

The one I have came with instructions on how to remove the blade assembly and turn it over to reverse the flow. I just reversed the polarity to make it spin in the other direction. As it is a radiator fan for a car, it's designed to "suck, not blow", and I wanted it blowing under the coop.

It moves a good bit of air. When it's really hot it's funny to see who sits directly under the coop in front of it and gets their feathers ruffled and who sits on the other side of the coop for the "gentle breeze".

Side note: you can REALLY hear the difference in output when a cloud goes over or different times of the day given it is direct wired.

And yes, if I had one up at the top of the coop itself, I'd definitely have it set to pull air and smells out rather than trying to force it in.
That's "COOL" (pun intended).

Back
Top Bottom