Solar Nite Eyes™ Predator Protection System

Kyleharry16

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Does anyone have the Solar Nite Eyes™ Predator Protection System from eFowl? I woundered if it would actualy help to protect my future 35 baby chickens. Any advice?
Thanks-
Kyle

I'm using Nite Guard.. so far since using them we have had 0 losses and 0 critters caught in traps.. before that we were losing at least 1 bird a night
I have no idea how well they would work in the city (not sure where you live).. but out here in the country our critters weren't used to flashing lights
I did make sure i had them at the right height for coons and foxes since I know those were our two main predators.. I also plan to move the lights around occasionally./. just to keep the predators wondering what they are.

I have a small orchard adjacent to the chicken coop, run and chicken yard. I run the Nite Guard out away from the coop where there is no electricity. I use the Peep n' Peepers in close to the coop and that garden. So far, so good.....

http://www.niteguard.com/

http://peepnpeepers.com/order.htm Probably have to call them on the phone. I could not make the online order entry form work at the time. They shipped next day to me.

Last edited:
Thank you you guys it was much apreciated
smile.png

Hi again Kyle,

Yes, I have solar night eyes. I have not had bird loss-- and where I live there are skunk, raccoon, opossum, owls--you name it. My run and coop are quite secure, I believe...but the flashing night eyes is another layer of protection.

I got mine directly from the solar night eyes site...probably a little less pricey. They are magnetic, solar, photo voltaic. To me, the two eyes looked a little more convincing than the single light.
good luck with your chick protection system.

How many should I get to cover a barn and land around it (the barn has 6 stalls that can hold a horse each I'd guess)(if it matters)

Oh and will it scare deers out of the woods 2 or so acers away (my dad wants to hunt the woods)

Last edited:
Funny thing about these solar nite eyes. My Grandfather has these to protect his garden, orchird, hens and goats. I was walking around at night with him because we heard coyotes and that instantly means we're off with guns and flood lights. I happened to look to my left and saw a pair of bright red dots and it scared me half to death. Then I realized they were the solar lights and laughed because I knew how the deer and what not felt.

Quote:
I put my nite guard lights at the right height for foxes and raccoons.. which was too low for deer.. Since the attacks started I have been going out several times a night trying my best to get a shot off on the predators.. well.. after the lights were put up I did see a skunk outside of the protected area.. but nothing inside it.. there are USUALLY 3 or 4 deer in my yard at any given time at night.. the first night 8 showed up.. they were staring at the lights and snorting at them.. almost as if they HAD to come out and check them out... I laughed and told my husband it was like a deer party.. I have NEVER seen that many together in my front yard before.. after the first night they went back to their normal 3 or 4..
They say the lights will scare off deer at first (if put up at deer height).. but deer are smart and get used to them fast.. so if you are trying to keep deer out you have to keep moving the lights around. Our deer are pretty bored with people.. you have to actually chase them to get them to leave.. even the dogs don't impress these guys!

Back
Top Bottom