Sold as a Polish but is it???

Lobzi

Crowing
14 Years
May 6, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area, EB
Hi, four maybe five months ago I bought these two chicks at a local feed store. They were sold as Polish. The brown one, Zoolou Warrior,, has its top knot trimmed to improve vision but I have not trimmed the white and black one, Speckles. I have no doubt that the brown on is indeed a Polish but Im wondering about Speckles. I am not sure if they are males or females as there has yet to be any crowing or egg laying but I am hoping someone can tell me what breed Speckles is. Do you think it is a Polish with a top knot gone wrong???
Guessed on sex are also welcome!

Attachments

• Speckles and Zoolou Warrior.JPG
    Speckles and Zoolou Warrior.JPG
    471.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Speckles.jpg
    Speckles.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 15
I agree on breed, disagree on gender. He is a cockerel :) Speckles is an Appenzeller Spizhauben cockerel, while Zoolou is indeed a Polish and a pullet and her variety is gold laced! :)
I agree, except that I'm not 100% certain that the Polish is a pullet. I feel like I see pointy hackles but its not a good enough picture to be sure.

I agree, except that I'm not 100% certain that the Polish is a pullet. I feel like I see pointy hackles but its not a good enough picture to be sure.
By 4-5 months I would expect many more indicators if the Polish were a cockerel. :) Hackle feathers are super hard to judge by as well except in real life. Hens have pretty tapered hackles as well leading to some confusion :)

Back
Top Bottom