Sold as ameraucana. Yes or EE??

I have yet to find a real ameraucana lol they all turn out to be EE. Thank you!
it would be to your benefit to familiarize yourself with the information regarding the differences. This applies to all breeds, not just ameraucan/ee, as it can equip you to be a better informed buyer and avoid issues of mislabelung or misinformation by any seller

$10 for an EE of that age is a pretty average price, yes. It's not like you got took or anything. And to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, he probably doesn't know they're not Ameraucana. After all, the hatchery sold them as Ameraucana, why wouldn't they be?

Agreed.

it would be to your benefit to familiarize yourself with the information regarding the differences. This applies to all breeds, not just ameraucan/ee, as it can equip you to be a better informed buyer and avoid issues of mislabelung or misinformation by any seller

X2 on Ol Grey Mare's post.

I have yet to find a real ameraucana lol they all turn out to be EE. Thank you!

My Pet Chicken (www.mypetchicken.com) does differentiate between Easter eggers and Ameraucanas. Their day old EE's are three plus change while their Ameraucanas are $20.00, I think, for a day old pullet. I believe they offer blue and black. I know it is two colors. Some hatcheries offer "Americanas" (Notice the difference in spelling) and they are always EE's.

My Pet Chicken (www.mypetchicken.com) does differentiate between Easter eggers and Ameraucanas. Their day old EE's are three plus change while their Ameraucanas are $20.00, I think, for a day old pullet. I believe they offer blue and black. I know it is two colors. Some hatcheries offer "Americanas" (Notice the difference in spelling) and they are always EE's.

MyPetChicken purchases its EEs and Ameraucanas from Meyer Hatchery which sells both EEs and true Ameraucanas. Meyer sells Blue Ameraucanas, but charges five times for them what they charge for their EEs.

Back
Top Bottom