*SOLD* Blue and Black Standard Cochin Eggs - NC *SOLD*

Matt A NC

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 22, 2007
Morganton, NC
These are extremely nice Show Quality Cochins. I was planning on setting these eggs, but my plans had to change. These are Huge birds and I have to limit the number I hatch due to space and the price of feed.

There is a SQ Splash hen, 2 SQ splash Pullets, and a BQ splash pullet. The breeder quality is show quality, but a little smaller then the 2 Giant gals. Also a SQ Black Hen and a BQ Blue Hen.

SQ Splash Pullet. Bathed and ready for show.
SQ Splash Hen. Running around freerange and dirty, but still looking fabulous.
SQ Black Hen. At the show. Was Best of Breed(not much competition) and Best Asiatic.

The Breeder Quality Blue hen is extremely nice. She has fantastic lacing on her feathers and has produced some fantastic chicks. The SQ Splash pullets are her daughters.

The Cockerel with them is a SQ Black directly from StarCochins out of GA. He is unbeleivably gorgeous and HUGE(over 2' tall). I can get pics, but they won't do him justice. His rear is trimmed for mating and he is a little light from being overly active with the girls. He will be my champion at the shows this fall, as long as he molts.

The chicks from these matings have the potential to be the largest and best quality Cochins chicks. Chicks from the splash ladies will be blue, from the black hen will be Black, and those from the blue hen will be either blue or black. Any blue Cockerel from the blue hen will show alot of rust in his hackles. This is a result of black on blue mating.

Fertile of the last batch was 84%. There will be exactly 16 eggs ready to go out tomorrow. They are from Wednesday(5-21) to today(5-26). Right now they are setting in a turner at 58 degrees waiting to be bubble wrapped.

Each egg is individually bubble wrapped. Secured in a carton or flat(4eggsx4eggs). That is bubble wrapped and then packed in newspaper and bubblewrap.

$30 via Paypal includes priority shipping. I will send my paypal address privately to the first interested party. Contacting me by email is faster. If the highs are over 85 where you are, I would recommed not getting shipped eggs.

Matt

Last edited:
I can attest first hand at how gorgeous Matt's birds are. A healthier, happier (more spoiled
lau.gif
) flock you would be hard pressed to find, too.

lau.gif
Yeah...you're right...that's how I am and I'm absolutely not spoiled either. I just want what I want and
2cce1e92ccea514211de13e4122880d6c08.jpg

gig.gif

Last edited:
Matt,
Sent you a PM and an email. I don't see the sent PM in my sent box, I think it didn't go through so I sent an email.
Shelby

Back
Top Bottom