* SOLD * Gypsy Wagon Coop

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Danny560, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Danny560

Danny560 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2010
    North Carolina Mountains
    I have this listed locally, but after such a wonderful reception in the coops thread and prompting of a few supportive peeps, ( ty ), I thought I'd give it a shot here......I know it's a long shot, given the distance between so many of us, but I'm willing to deliver anywhere east of the Mississippi for 75 cents a mile. ( 1 way from 28753 ) * I can possibly even get it to you by Christmas ! *

* Fun lil portable coop, perfect for the backyard chickener.
    * Handmade - one of a kind. ( I intend to do a series of these, but each will be one of a kind )
    * Geniune folk art !
    * Featuring retractable handles and air-filled knobby tires for easy moving. ( very lightweight ! ).
    * Includes 3 nest boxes that slide out like a dresser drawer ( because it was a dresser drawer ! ).
    * Front and back doors, front window, hinged hatch chicken door on the side. ( matching ramp included )
    * Side window w/ a flower box and working shutters.
    * I've left lots of room for any detail painting you might like to do, too, ( you can never have to much on a Gypsy wagon ! )
    * The interior is painted also ( exterior weather guard white for easy cleaning ).
    * Also has a roost pole and a hook for a lamp inside.
    * This coop measures 5.5 ft long x 3 ft. wide x 4.5 ft high.
    * Optional A-Frame run that leads out from the chicken hatch is available, too.

** I haven't finished the run yet and had a 6 ft length in mind, but could go up to 12 ft. for an additional $50.00 ( hardware cloth, of course )**

I'm also considering installing a pipe feeder through the roof made to resemble a stove pipe. If you'd like that, let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    Just wanted to say awesome work. This is a great deal for someone. Since I live too far away, I think you should charge more [​IMG]! I do think you should check in with pat and chickens and make sure ventilation is adequate. you might want to add a little more near the top? Again, BEAUTIFUL!

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, that is SO AWESOME!!! Someone's going to love that coop. So beautiful...good luck selling.

4. Danny560

Nov 30, 2010
    North Carolina Mountains
    Quote:Thank you very much ! I did neglect to mention that included is a framed, removable hardware cloth screen for the back door ( 17" square ). With it in place and the door open, I feel it should be plenty. The roost pole is fixed slightly under the height of the door and shuttered window, ( also hw clothed screened ) and there should be good cross ventilation. Hope this helps. - Danny
    ( there are also 3 roof line, screened vents along the front, I thought it showed in the pix but they're up under the overhang, sorry for the confusion ! )

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    If I had the money!

I just love this coop. So what's the next one going to look like?

Like I said in the other thread. I love things like this.

Hope you make lots of money with your coops.

That is unless I want to buy one.

Good luck.

6. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Wanna trade out in chickens? [​IMG]

Can't blame a guy for trying! That is about the neatest thing I've ever seen!

7. Danny560

Nov 30, 2010
    North Carolina Mountains
    Quote:Thanks Wolf ! I'm posting some pix in the Gypsy Coop thread of what I'd like to do next, check it out ! [​IMG]

8. Danny560

Nov 30, 2010
    North Carolina Mountains
    Quote:Only if you have a couple pair of true Chocolate Seramas from Jerry S's stock !
    ( can't blame a guy for trying ! ) [​IMG]

9. Danny560

Nov 30, 2010
    North Carolina Mountains
    This coop has sold ! ( along with a matching red one ! )
    Thanks for all the support and enthusiasm ! Merry Christmas [​IMG]

10. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    is it possible to get plans for this coop ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by