1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Soluble Terramycin

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by poppy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. poppy

poppy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2007
    Buckinghamshire, England
    Can anyone tell me how much soluble Terramycin powder should be added to a pint (20 fluid ounces) of water. I find the instructions on the pack confusing and I have an awful feeling that I may be using too much.

2. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    Quote:TERRAMYCIN[​IMG] (oxytetracycline HCI) Soluble Powder is a broad-spectrum antibiotic in concentrated form for administration in the drinking water of cattle and other livestock.
    Do not use in birds producing eggs for human consumption.
    A broad spectrum antibiotic for control and treatment of specific diseases in poultry, cattle, sheep, swine and bees. DO NOT administer to turkeys, swine, cattle, or sheep within 5 days of slaughter. DO NOT administer to chickens or turkeys producing eggs for human consumption.

3. Wes in Tx

Wes in Tx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Texas
    Poppy the answer to your question is-Mix it at the rate of 1-4 tsp per gallon of water depending on the severity of the problem. Frankly I would throw it as far as I could and get some good antibiotics that are designed to fight what ever you are fighting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by