Some oF My Flock ** Photo Intense **

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MissPrissy, Oct 14, 2007.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I was out early this morning in the barn (just after 7am). I took the camera so that I could show you some of my flock. They will be 20 weeks old tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    Buster, Barred Plymouth Rock with a White Wyandotte

[​IMG]
    Ginger, Buff Orpington

[​IMG]
    Bernice, Black Jersey Giant

[​IMG]
    Henrietta, Rhode Island Red

[​IMG]
    Elvis, Silver Laced Black Polish - my husband is 2nd generation american by polish/finnish grandparents - it is his boy

[​IMG]
    Aunt Bea, Black Jersey Giant, if it helps to judge size that is a 12lb hanging feeder behind her.

[​IMG]
    Henny Penny, Rhode Island Red, she is trying to lay in the feed box, another RIR was in her nest box

[​IMG]
    No names, I can't tell them apart, white wyandottes

[​IMG]
    Laf (Marquis de la Lafayette), Cuckoo Maran - I LOVE his big red comb and wattles.

The following are some wide shots of various flock members as they moved around.

[​IMG]
    On the barn floor.

[​IMG]
    On the roosts.

[​IMG]
    More on the roosts.

They are such fun birds. My kids enjoy them. My husband enjoys them. I love them.

I have 4 barred plymouth rocks pullets and 1 cockeral, 4 cuckoo maran pullets and 1 cockeral, 5 white wyandotte pullets, 4 black jersey giant pullets, 4 partridge plymouth rock pullets, 4 buff orpington pullets, 2 white crested black polish pullet, 1 white crested white polish pullet, 1 silverlaced black polish cockeral, 4 rhode island reds. I think that is all. We culled this past week and I rehomed 3 sicilian buttercup pullets.

My incubator is waiting for eggs. Hopefully I will be adding to this flock in in just under a month.

When I left Georgia I had to rehome my flock. Now, in Virginia, I am beginning a new flock. I am learning again what I like and what I don't. I also am planning to hatch more of my own chicks in the future.

Thanks for looking. [​IMG]

2. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Beautiful flock and it looks like you have a GREAT barn setup for them. I loved your roosts.

3. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Those are some lucky chickens [​IMG]

4. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    Very nice, thanks for sharing !!!!!

Julie [​IMG]

5. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Really nice!!!! I love Elvis!!!!!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They're beautiful! Your Laf reminds me of the Barred Rock cockerel I hatched and was going to keep as Hawkeye's "understudy", but then I decided to sell him. Do you remember Maverick? HUGE comb very much like that. And a sweetness that I love in a rooster. Your future new additions are packed and ready to go tomorrow morning!

7. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    Some lucky chickens...nice, very nice! thanks for sharing!

~C:->

8. EggCentric

EggCentric Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Ball Ground, Ga
    Beautiful birds! I, too, moved here to Virginia from Georgia. I lived about 30 miles north of Atlanta, little town called Ball Ground.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Then you lived about an hour from me! I'm in Fannin Co. My friend Kate (helmstead) lives in Ball Ground as well. Virginia is beautiful, Priss, but you need to make a trip back here sometime.

10. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Wow, nice flock!

We also have a barred rock roo named buster, and a RIR hen named penny.
    We're a couple of exits west of six flags on I-20 Miss Prissy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by