Some oF My Flock ** Photo Intense **

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
I was out early this morning in the barn (just after 7am). I took the camera so that I could show you some of my flock. They will be 20 weeks old tomorrow.

buster.jpg

Buster, Barred Plymouth Rock with a White Wyandotte

ginger.jpg

Ginger, Buff Orpington

bernice.jpg

Bernice, Black Jersey Giant

henrietta.jpg

Henrietta, Rhode Island Red

elvis.jpg

Elvis, Silver Laced Black Polish - my husband is 2nd generation american by polish/finnish grandparents - it is his boy

auntbea.jpg

Aunt Bea, Black Jersey Giant, if it helps to judge size that is a 12lb hanging feeder behind her.

hennypenny.jpg

Henny Penny, Rhode Island Red, she is trying to lay in the feed box, another RIR was in her nest box

whitewyandottes.jpg

No names, I can't tell them apart, white wyandottes

laf.jpg

Laf (Marquis de la Lafayette), Cuckoo Maran - I LOVE his big red comb and wattles.

The following are some wide shots of various flock members as they moved around.

flock1.jpg

On the barn floor.

flock2.jpg

On the roosts.

flock3.jpg

More on the roosts.

They are such fun birds. My kids enjoy them. My husband enjoys them. I love them.

I have 4 barred plymouth rocks pullets and 1 cockeral, 4 cuckoo maran pullets and 1 cockeral, 5 white wyandotte pullets, 4 black jersey giant pullets, 4 partridge plymouth rock pullets, 4 buff orpington pullets, 2 white crested black polish pullet, 1 white crested white polish pullet, 1 silverlaced black polish cockeral, 4 rhode island reds. I think that is all. We culled this past week and I rehomed 3 sicilian buttercup pullets.

My incubator is waiting for eggs. Hopefully I will be adding to this flock in in just under a month.

When I left Georgia I had to rehome my flock. Now, in Virginia, I am beginning a new flock. I am learning again what I like and what I don't. I also am planning to hatch more of my own chicks in the future.

Thanks for looking.
smile.png

They're beautiful! Your Laf reminds me of the Barred Rock cockerel I hatched and was going to keep as Hawkeye's "understudy", but then I decided to sell him. Do you remember Maverick? HUGE comb very much like that. And a sweetness that I love in a rooster. Your future new additions are packed and ready to go tomorrow morning!

Wow, nice flock!

We also have a barred rock roo named buster, and a RIR hen named penny.
We're a couple of exits west of six flags on I-20 Miss Prissy

Back
Top Bottom