Some people are so uneducated!!! Read this.

Quote:
Another person evidently can't be bothered to read what they are replying to, or doesn't know the difference between a hen and a roo. ". . . if one of those roosters wake me . . . ."

Even 6 of the loudest hens I have ever heard don't compare to a couple of dogs howling at a siren!

Close your dang window! When our windows are closed, we can't hear the rooster crow in the morning. And you CAN learn to sleep through it. Granted, some people are lighter sleepers than others, but keeping windows closed is just common sense.

We have chickens, our neighbors have 35 chickens, and the guy down the road from us has 12 chickens. There are 8 roosters going at daybreak and you know what the locals complain about? The PEACOCKS at the curve! The chickens just become background noise after awhile.

I would much rather have neighbors with chickens than neighbors with aggressive, loud dogs.

A few weeks ago we had a high school graduation party for my son. There were people at my house that asked me what we do with the eggs. I politely informed them we love to eat our all natural hormone free eggs. They were in awe. Another informed me that we were lucky we had a rooster so our hens will produce eggs. Again I politely explained he was strictly ornamental. Well not 100% ornamental because we did hatch a clutch of their eggs. They had a hard time grasping that we could do such a thing.

ep.gif
at the comment that backyard chickens make someone feel sick and they belong in battery cages and on farms! don't think i've ever come across anything close to that attitude before

I think all who read that should leave a comment! I did! I used to live in CT. on a farm that had been encrouched by housing developments. They wanted the farmer, whose farm had been there for generations, to move! That was fought, and the farmer won. The farm is still there today, now as a historical landmark. People are idiots when they fear something they know nothing (obviously!) about. Give them your two cents, it may wake Hamden up to the real world! Glad I don't have to worry about this kind of thing... yet!

This is absoultly stupid. The person that talked about histoplasmosis and psittacosis didnt even know what he was talking about. Feasably you can get these diseases but you have a greater risk getting them from a pet bird or a pigeon. My sister had a cockiteil that died of psittacosis and they all had to be tested for it so should they be banned? Do they want to go out and kill all wild birds cause they can spread disease? And run of from fecal matter PLEASE!!! I am so glad I live where I do and we dont have stupid laws like that. My coop is cleaner than most dog kennels I have seen. People that raise chickens do so for the eggs and or meat for their families. They dont want their chickens diseased. We all take great care of our chickens they are our babies that provide us eggs. If people saw how we take care of our backyard chickens and then go to a commerical chicken facility they would want our eggs and meat not theirs and would leave our backyard chickens alone.

Quote:
My chickens used to set off the neighbor's dog. It was hilarious. The neighbor gal was telling a mutual friend "I get a bird dog and he gets birds."

"bok"

"BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK!!!!!!!"

[pause]

"bok"

"BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK!!!!!"

Have you ever heard a chicken snicker?

Quote:
My chickens used to set off the neighbor's dog. It was hilarious. The neighbor gal was telling a mutual friend "I get a bird dog and he gets birds."

"bok"

"BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK!!!!!!!"

[pause]

"bok"

"BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK!!!!!"

Have you ever heard a chicken snicker?

lau.gif
gig.gif

It seems like a dog barking louder than a jet taking of is A-O-K, but a quiet little roo that can hardly crow is a reason to call animal control.
Dog poop in the yard is fine as long as you don't step in it, but chicken poop in the yard is a "health hazard"
An egg laid by a healthy happy backyard hen is piosonis, while a store egg laid by an over worked-feather less-hen sharing a 2x2 box with up to 3 other hens is healthy
What's up people???

Back
Top Bottom