Some pictures I took of my Orpingtons - Blue, Splash, Buff, Lav.

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
I was out in the runs today and since it was overcast, I thought I would take advantage and snap some pictures! Enjoy!
smile.png

7910_dsc05211.jpg

7910_dsc05210.jpg

7910_dsc05240.jpg

My new breeding cockerel. He is 28 wks. old and I'm very pleased with the way he is turning out.
smile.png

7910_dsc05206.jpg

My lovely splash! I've never seen a splash with so much color.
7910_dsc05223.jpg

Say hello to Colonel Mustard! He is HUGE and absolutely gorgeous!
7910_dsc05232.jpg

A couple of Colonel Mustard's hens.
7910_dsc05233.jpg

My Lavender breeder rooster.
7910_dsc05239.jpg

A lavender hen
7910_dsc05237.jpg

Thanks Cyn!

Yes, that is Daphne and she did come from Jim Cox's stock 2 years ago. She went through a heavy molt this last fall and I am so pleased with the way she feathered back out.

Thank you!
smile.png

I have worked really hard on my flock and have gotten them all to the point that I'm really pleased with them. I really, really love my splash hen!

Very nice! That splash pullet is beautiful. You don't see great color on them too often. She's quite a looker!

You are right Jody, you don't usually see that much color in a splash. I have 3 other splash pullets and they aren't nearly as colorful as this hen is. They are lovely, just not quite as colorful.
smile.png

These are really beautiful Orpingtons! My "Daisy" is buff colored with a floppy comb, but she is my favorite hen. Sweet, tame, jumps immediately into my lap when I sit. I'd love to get a "Colonel Mustard" for her, but alas, he crows! Thanks for sharing those beauties!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom