Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Project Manager
12 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
Is it normal for guineas to have really loose poop? Mine seem to be having very loose poop with some extra liquid, and it REALLY stinks. I just wanted to see if that was normal.

Also, I'm about to worm my flock of chickens with eprinex, and was wondering if I could get the guineas with it too. If so, what would the dosage be for 11-12 week old guineas? Thanks in advance! Since this is my first time with them, I just want to be sure they're healthy and happy.

Pyxis, I don't know about the worming, but I have 7, 12 week old guineas and they have stinky running poop from time to time. I read somewhere that about every 8 or so poop they take it is normal for birds. (I may have the ratio wrong). And yes, it stinks to the moon and back. Not only that, but they poop a lot, I call them my Ninja poopers, lol.
Sounds like you are taking good care of your birds. I have mine in with my chickens, who are of the same age, but mine go out and free range all day on the farm. So fun to watch and they are really sweet.
Good luck with your flock,
Connie

Thanks! It's not like cecal poop, it kind of looks like fermented feed, if you've ever seen it. Like it's going through and not really getting digested fully. It's every poop that's weird, unfortunately. I think I'm just going to give them yogurt and put some ACV in their water and see if that sets them right after a week or so. If not, I'll worm them and see what that does.

Back
Top Bottom